Monday, January 15, 2007

Busch Wildlife stocker trout- success!

Just a photo of a trout taken last weekend- caught it on a silver "Super Duper". fished all day, weather pattern was moving in so had to deal with some rain.
Most of the bait people were not catching a lot either, so I did not feel as bad. I am starting to figure this "stocker trout" thing out- you need to fish the lakes within a week of stocking if you want to catch a large number of trout.
However, I will say this- I like the challenge of catching trout when the fishing is not as "easy". When you are throwing artificials, it teaches you to do a better job of selecting quicker and more efficient. Kind of like fly fishing, almost a "match the hatch" concept. The weather has been so bad here, it has been over a week since I have fished. Hopefully we can change that real soon!

MLT

No comments: