Friday, June 17, 2011

Fishing the Miss Hatteras, Odens Dock, North Carolina: Great time saltwater fishing on the gulf stream




I know this does not count as the Midwest, however, as director of the site I am going to take artistic license and allow occasional Outer Banks, NC post on this, as well as other locals as I see fit.  We come out to the Outer Banks every year for our family vacation, and it is one of my favorite places on earth.  I have another post coming soon in regards to some kayak fishing as well.

The Miss Hatteras is a head boat (which means you pay by the head, not by the boat).  We first went out with them a few years ago and really enjoyed the experience.  Captain Ron and Natalie do an incredible job and work real hard to get the clients on fish.  The fishing was not as good as a couple of years ago, but we still got on some fish, which is more than I can say in comparison to some of the trips I have gone on this year myself.  They are docked at Odens Dock, North Carolina.  I do not think they have a web site (or else I would link it) but you can look it up on the dock site through the Internet.  If you are coming out, I would recommend them highly.

Caught a nice Sea Bass, but that was about it.  Charlie got on a few more fish than I did, but none of his were keepers (he even caught a shark)

Really looking forward to coming back to the OBX to get back on the Miss Hatteras

Fish ON!

Mike

No comments: