Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bennett Spring, Laclede County, MO Aug 7th 2009- Park still real crowded. luck with Zebra Nymph











Was able to get to park around 2:00. I was suprised how crowded the park still is...should start to settle down in a couple of weeks once the kids start to get back to school. I have been having some real challenges with fly fishing lately...have been "0-fering" a lot. Went to backcountry outfitters in Springfield (one of my favorite fly shops) and had them re-load my fly line. The rod I have is a good White River rod from Bass Pro, but I think the line had finally served it's purpose. I noticed an improvement in casting right off the bat.
Was trying a lot of different things in the beginning....started off by the spring and worked my way down. Tried some white jigs and different types of nymphs...probably should consider a San Juan worm next time--did not try it here.
Past the falls caught a nice one in the grass on a silver Zebra nymph....my slump is officially over! Please dig the cool underwater photos taken of trout from my underwater camera as well
Fish ON!
MLT




No comments: