Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lake Sherwood, Warren County, July 13th, 2010: Main lake home to huge Bluegills!


I had an opportunity to go to Lake Sherwood in Warren County after work, and I am glad I did. Very rarely will I fish the main lake and not have success fishing, especially for large Bluegill and Red ear Sunfish. This day was not exception.
I used the traditional bottom rig with a nightcrawler and paddled around the main island. I was fishing off the main "channel" of the lake. You can do this on a week day, but on the weekend there are too many skiiers and tubers who make it almost like ocean fishing (kind of like Lake of the Ozarks, except not nearly as bad). Only had a couple of people in powerboats, and it got real calm after 6:00 (that may be when no wake regulations come into place.
Finished around 7:00 p.m. and headed back home.
Fish ON!
MLT

1 comment:

Coloradocasters said...

Those are some "Fab-Gills"! Most may view bluegill and sunfish mainly as bait and forage. I respect them highly for their colors. Great stuff!